BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Godard from Dutton

Started by Alan Howe, Saturday 04 June 2011, 21:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Yes, the CD is now on general release.

Mark Thomas

No choice now then but to put my money where my mouth is as far as the Symphonie is concerned! The Concerto is good, though.

edurban

I ordered it, too.  'Indescribable dullness' was just too intriguing...
David

Alan Howe

Friends are going to love the lively and attractive PC, but the 'symphony' (for which read 'suite') is really light music of a fairly unsophisticated sort. Do support Dutton and get this disc. It'll give you hours of pleasure...

FBerwald

Quote from: Alan Howe on Wednesday 15 June 2011, 14:58
Friends are going to love the lively and attractive PC, .............

I know!!! I have a recording of both the concertos [Mono recordings, Horrible quality, Commercially not released!]... I think they are radio rips.. A friend on mine shared it with me years ago.. But can't find anything about the performers... Despite all this I fell in love with the concertos... especially the first!!!! Why do you think I have posted the maximum no. of [Godard Piano Concerto related..] posts here!!!
Am ordering my copy TODAY!!!!

Alan Howe

Another listen confirms the memorability of PC1. It is a powerful work as well as an attractive one. If it gets reviewed well, it ought to sell well too. Any followers of Hyperion's RPC series will love it.

herrarte

This CD is now available at Itunes for $9.99.

Gareth Vaughan

I hope Dutton can be persuaded to record the 2nd PC now, perhaps coupling it with the Fantaisie Persane for piano & orchestra and the Symphonie Gothique.