Romanian music

Started by lechner1110, Wednesday 13 July 2011, 08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Moss

Re Paul Richter (Romanian composer but I can't find the download details on him)

This brief note might be in the wrong  place - apologies if that is so.

Hard to find any details on him but I came across the following link.  Not much. but something is better than nothing.  If anyone has a link for other details, that would be appreciated.

Best wishes

Richard

http://en.romania-muzical.ro/articole/art.shtml?c=19&g=2&arh=1&y=2011&a=108671

Holger

Regarding Richter, there are also the following two links:

http://www.suedost-musik.de/html/lexikon/Richter.html
http://www.honterusgemeinde.ro/kirchenmusik/persoenlichkeiten/ (scroll down)

However, both are in German.

In addition, there is a New Grove article on him. In any case, he is a pretty obscure composer today - which he has in common with Waldemar von Baußnern, another composer who belonged to the German minority in Romania (I uploaded his Symphony No. 7 a while ago).

lechner1110

Arbuckle, Thanks a lot for uploading many Romanian works. :D 
  Yes, I also love Romanian composers.
  I'm always enjoying Romanian radio broadcasting. Interesting works indeed :)   Atsushi

lechner1110

Arbuckle, Thanks again for your upload.
  I listened Alexandru Pascanu's music today. Especially, his symphonic poem is very interesting work.
  I uploaded his "Poemul Carpatilor" last month. I surprised about this late romantic style work. 
  Anyway, thanks a lot!

JimL

Do we have movment titles for Richter 5?  Can I get them someplace?

eschiss1

In re WP Richter symphony 5 --- It's been (re?)published recently - 2003 - (by an outfit, MusikNoten-Verlag Latzina of Karlsruhe, that's taken an interest in much of his work, would seem; I like it when publishers and editors do that... it's not easy!) and the score is, I think, at Munich Library if I recall.  That is all I know at present... (I know you were not asking me specifically but was just putting in my 2 small unit coins!)

I should go see if MusikNoten-Verlag Latzina has a website, actually. On occasion though not always more information is to be found there...
(Computer problem vanished with even less explanation than accompanied it. ... fortunately. Anyhow.)

Website Here. They specialize in Transylvanian composers. (Hrm, apparently 16 works by Paul or P. Richter show up, between orchestral and chamber works.)

eschiss1

Also, if I haven't said (or if I have, but I don't think I noticed before), thanks for posting the Capoianu violin concerto, a work I've heard a few times on a library LP (and kept meaning to hear again.)

semloh

Atsushi - thank you for the latest generous swag of Romanian music - all really obscure (to me at least) and truly "hot off the press"! All the effort involved is greatly appreciated.
:) :)

Mark Thomas

Thanks, indeed, Atsushi - more excitement ahead!

lechner1110

It's my pleasure ;)
  I'm also enjoying Romania radio broadcast everyday.  Their archive is truly great!

Dundonnell

Indeed, thanks Atsushi :)

What a collection of Rumanian music is now on this site ;D

(Is the Constantin Dimitrescu Cello Concerto No.2 the same Cello Concerto in the same performance which you previously uploaded on 15th September?
You referred then to the work being broadcast on 7th September but the new upload is a broadcast from 10th November. A re-broadcast possibly?)

lechner1110

OH ! Yes, both are same music! I misunderstood it.  :-[
  Anyway, Thanks for your notice , Colin :)

Greg K

The Capoianu & A Mendelssohn Violin Concerto uploads seem to have disappeared.  Can these be restored by whomever originally posted them? 

jowcol

Pascal Bentoiu : Piano Concerto # 1
I've just uploaded his  first piano concerto:

More about Bentoui from Wikipedia:

Pascal Bentoiu (1927) is a Romanian Modernist composer.
Bentoiu studied harmony, counterpoint and composition with Mihail Jora and piano with Theophil Demetriescu. He spent three years researching the rhythm and harmony of Romanian folk music at the Bucharest Folklore Institute and then began composing for the stage. His operas are written with dramatic flair and make use of a variety of elements, including folksong, tape, serialism and diatonic qualities. His instrumental and orchestral works also contain a variety of contemporary techniques, and Bentoiu's work is characterized by its color and lyricism.

eschiss1

I think a piece by Bentoiu or a couple by one or two of his students was or were in a concert I attended some years back in Manhattan (and of course Bentoiu edited into shape those terrific-in-my-opinion symphonies and symphonic poems Enescu didn't quite finish - nos. 4 and 5, Isis, for example... the funeral march from the 5th symphony is particularly impressive and one is glad to be able to hear it.)