News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Georgy Catoire 1861-1926

Started by giles.enders, Monday 15 August 2011, 10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Tony, regarding G Vagner, was the Piano Concerto in a number 1 then?  That's the one that's on an old Melodiya Lp.....

Jerry

eschiss1

Hrm. Wonder if Salmanov's -violin- concertos have been recorded... must look into that.

JimL

Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 24 August 2011, 14:14
Hrm. Wonder if Salmanov's -violin- concertos have been recorded... must look into that.
Might want to check Tobias' list, Eric.  How're things shakin' over there?

fyrexia

Quote from: jerfilm on Wednesday 24 August 2011, 14:07
Tony, regarding G Vagner, was the Piano Concerto in a number 1 then?  That's the one that's on an old Melodiya Lp.....

Jerry
Yes Vagner`s Piano Concerto in a is no.1. And its the only recording i have of all his 3 pcs.

Tony

markniew

Quote from: fyrexia on Wednesday 24 August 2011, 13:16

Leonid Afanasyev
Vladislav Agafonnikov (Score was published together with the afanasyev!)
Orest Yevlakhov (I definitely must hear this)
Vyacheslav Ovchinnikov (A must hear to !!)
Nikolai Silvanski (7 Piano Concertos??)
Konstantin Sorokin
Anatoly Samonov
Oleg Moralev
Genrikh Vagner (PC no.2 and 3) (Byelorussian Shostakovich id say?)
Alexander Mosolov (Pc no.2 appeared on the radio some years ago)

All best,

Tony

Oh, quite impressive list! I have just found that Moralev (b. 1922) has composed also Konzertstuck (Concert piece) for pf and orch. (1955), Cto itself is of 1960. As to the Mosolov's no. 2 (On Kyrghys Themes) - has its complete version been recorded? I do have off radio recording of its one movement only.
and what about pf cto no. 2 by Nikolayeva? Do some of you have good recording of it? my old off radio recording is of terrible poor quality.
Marek

reineckeforever

..about russian-soviet music for piano and orchestra
who knows Louriè's Concerto Spirituale?
it is scored for Choir, wind orchestra with percussion e doublebasses and Solo piano
dedicated, i hope to remember correctly, Olivier Messiaen's wife (Yvonne Loriod?)
I know there is a big cadenza , sometimes performed as a single piece. Are there recording of it?
My english today is particularly bad...sorry and bye
Andrea

eschiss1

perhaps a broadcast- very little Lourié recorded commercially at all- BBC Sound Archives online has about 2 pages of pieces (but not that one, unless it's under a translated title), and the only other broadcast recording I know of is of his Sinfonia Dialectica (which I have on tape- somewhere :( ).

fyrexia

RE: Marek

Marek,
The Mosolov Pc2, i have been TOLD that i was recorded completely. I am not really sure. Do you mind sharing your recording of the 1st movement of the PC2. I have not heard it myself.
I also have a recording of the Nikolayeva PC no.2, but mines is also of poor quality.

Here is some more from my wish list !

A.Pirumov - Concert Variations for Piano and Orchestra
A.Baltin - Concert Ballade for Piano and Orchestra
Polunin - Concert Variations for Piano and Orchestra
V.Kuprevich - Elegy for Piano and Orchestra
F.Karayev - Concerto for Piano and Chamber Orchestra
N.Rakov - Piano Concertos No.3 and 4
L.Kolodub - Piano Concerto
B.Dvarionas - Piano Concerto No.2
Y.Nikolayev - Piano Concerto No.1 and 2
M.Raukhberger - Piano Concerto (1973)
D.Blagoy - Piano Concerto (1953)
I.Shamo - 2 Piano Concertos
Y.Zimbalist - Piano Concerto

All best,

Tony

jerfilm

Tony, if you'll remind me in October, I have Dvarionas Piano Concerto #2 and also Igor Shamo Concerto #2 for piano,  violin and percussion - not sure if that's the same as Piano Concerto #2.....

Jerry

fyrexia

Thanks! I actually really thought that the Dvarionas PC no.2 was not recorded ! As well as the Shamo ones. Oh and little self correction. The Shamo who wrote 2 piano concertos is Yuri, instead of Igor.
I would be very appreciated for your recording !

Tony

markniew

Quote from: fyrexia on Thursday 25 August 2011, 14:01
RE: Marek

Marek,
The Mosolov Pc2, i have been TOLD that i was recorded completely. I am not really sure. Do you mind sharing your recording of the 1st movement of the PC2. I have not heard it myself.
I also have a recording of the Nikolayeva PC no.2, but mines is also of poor quality.

All best,

Tony

Hello Tony,

ok I will try to send you the Mosolov piece as well as Nikolayeva. we can compare whose recording is better. how to send it?

best,
Marek

markniew

Quote from: fyrexia on Friday 26 August 2011, 13:12
Thanks! I actually really thought that the Dvarionas PC no.2 was not recorded ! As well as the Shamo ones. Oh and little self correction. The Shamo who wrote 2 piano concertos is Yuri, instead of Igor.
I would be very appreciated for your recording !

Tony

I do have also off radio live recording of no. 2 by Dvarionas - poor quality however. And his Violin cto is really delightful.

Marek

reineckeforever

dear Eschiss1,
how can I do to read the BBC sound archive?
thx, Andrea

eschiss1

Their catalog(ue) is here. That's all i know, I think...

reineckeforever

eschiss1...thank you so match...
bye