Hrm, also in the Naxos 2012 listings-

Started by eschiss1, Tuesday 03 January 2012, 23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Dundonnell on Wednesday 04 January 2012, 21:59Ross Harris eh ::)  Where do Naxos find these composers ;D

Basil Moeran and Hermione Brian aren't bad either.

JimL

Quote from: J.Z. Herrenberg on Thursday 05 January 2012, 00:28
Quote from: Dundonnell on Wednesday 04 January 2012, 21:59Ross Harris eh ::)  Where do Naxos find these composers ;D

In the case of Ross Harris, I'm going to venture a guess and say that they found him in New Zealand.

Dundonnell

Yes...you are quite right :-[

I have no business even implying that this composer's music is not worth recording :)

My heartfelt apologies to Mr. Ross Harris. If his music is anything like that of his fine compatriot Douglas Lilburn it certainly WILL be worth hearing :)

Jimfin

Very much looking forward to the Max symphonies. How ludicrous that the symphonies of the Master of the Queen's Music are not currently available for listening

Alan Howe

Quote from: Jimfin on Thursday 05 January 2012, 06:53
Very much looking forward to the Max symphonies. How ludicrous that the symphonies of the Master of the Queen's Music are not currently available for listening

Quite so. It's cost me a small fortune to acquire second-hand copies of symphonies 2 and 3!

vandermolen

Quote from: J.Z. Herrenberg on Thursday 05 January 2012, 00:28

You forget Cecelia Bantock  :)

eschiss1

I expect Rudolf Radecke isn't (for those who've even heard of Robert Radecke). But anyway.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Jimfin on Thursday 05 January 2012, 06:53

Symphony No.7 is available in the British Music Downloads section on this site.

I was lucky to enough to have acquired Nos. 1-6 when they were available on the Collins label and No.8 "Antarctic Symphony" from MaxOpus-Maxwell Davies's website which, tragically, closed down when the composer was beset by financial "mismanagement" by those he trusted but is now back up and running :)