Karel Kovarovic (1862 -1920) Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in F minor, Op. 6

Started by lechner1110, Wednesday 05 October 2011, 14:39

Previous topic - Next topic

lechner1110

Czech Radio (Vltava)  14.Oct.2011  13:40 (Czech time)

Karel Kovavovic : Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in F minor, Op. 6 (34 min).
  Zdenek Jilek : piano
  Josef Hrncir : cond
  Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra.

eschiss1

JimL

Somebody catch that thing and hold it!  I've got my downloader ready!

lechner1110

jerfilm

EarlyRomantic

A. S. Is there an update for this recording/download? I was excited about the prospect! Thank you !

Alan Howe

With the source confirmed, the download is now available in the Czech folder.

Gareth Vaughan

Does anyone know if the full score of this work is published and, if so, by whom?

eschiss1

A number of his briefer works were published and even can be found in the possession of some libraries here and there, but I think the concerto performance -- I'm guessing anyway - for Czech radio would have been from manuscript parts (perhaps from a Prague college or radio library?), or something similar. ... Not sure, though.

eschiss1

SKC (combined Czech library catalog) lists 188 items by Karel Kovaƙovic. (Including several versions of an opera Bauernacht/Cesta oknem, and material from- including a complete? recording of- others- "The Dogheads"...) Will browse them for the concerto...

JimL

See about getting the movement titles.  I believe that the slow movement is a theme and variations.  See if you can get the tempos of each variation.

Alan Howe

thalbergmad

I have a solo version of this work. I will fire up my concerto harddrive and see what i can find.

Thal

thalbergmad

1st movement - Allegro Affretuso
2nd movement - Larghetto
3rd movement - Vivace (Scherzando)

Thal