News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Paul Dunlap

Started by kolaboy, Thursday 03 November 2011, 01:31

Previous topic - Next topic

kolaboy

I have an old album (on red vinyl, no less) titled Izler Solomon Conducts, that features Felix Mottl's Gluck Suite, Bartok's Roumanian Dances, and a little Spanish flavoured tone poem by (I'm guessing) American composer Paul Dunlap titled Tequila. Now, the only reference to a composer by this name that I can find is this one courtesy of Wikipedia:

Born Paul A. Dunlap, he wrote the scores for several Three Stooges feature films, including The Three Stooges Meet Hercules, The Three Stooges in Orbit, The Three Stooges Go Around the World in a Daze and The Outlaws Is Coming. Dunlap also scored the last Abbott and Costello film Dance With Me, Henry as well as more than 200 films and television programs.

Assuming it's the same fellow, have any of you ever happened upon any other compositions by him in a more serious vein (ie that do not involve face slaps and pie throwing)? It would be great to learn there's a Dunlap St. Luke Passion gathering dust in a cupboard, somewhere, waiting to be unleashed on the world....
Just curious :)

eschiss1

Viaf lists him both as Paul or Paul A. Dunlap, 1919-2010. (Indiana University Library has an ms facsimile of his(?) "Music for Paul Shea".) IMDB editors claim his birthname was William Paul Dunlap (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0242406/. A good source for that would be good, though, redundantly.

kolaboy

Thanks. It would be interesting to hear more of his (serious) work...