Ukraine Composer's series sets 2 and 3 (slightly OT)

Started by Leea25, Friday 13 July 2012, 18:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Leea25

Apologies for this being slightly OT - I asked Alan's permission before posting, and he kindly agreed.

I wonder if members might be able to help. I have a great passion for Russian and Soviet music (blindly collecting a lot of pieces I don't really like!). Some years ago I bought the first CD in a series of three double CDs of Ukrainian music published by Angelok1. It includes 11 pieces by 20th-century Ukrainian composers - none of which blew me away - though I did find Klebanov's Suite for Strings No.2 and Gubarenko's Chamber Symphony No.2 interesting, so I decided not to get the others. Well, my curiosity has got the better of me, and I'm trying again... unsuccessfully.

Set 1 is commonly available. However, the ONLY place I have managed to find, after several hours of hunting which sells sets 2 and 3 is here: http://www.classicalcds.net/angelok1/. However, when ordering I get a page error and am unable to send the order. I have e-mailed the owner, a seemingly very pleasant chap called Jeffrey. At first he seemed keen to help, but now he has been silent and not replying to my e-mails for two months. I have tried ordering on three different browsers on MAC and PC with no luck.

I have two questions - firstly, have any members ever ordered successfully from classicalcds.net, and if so, might you be able to offer any advice? Secondly, does anyone know of anywhere else I can get these CDs from?

Many thanks,
Lee