Emanuel Moor Suite op. 103a on Deutschlandradio Kultur

Started by Wheesht, Monday 24 September 2012, 12:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

The fifth concert at the 'Theater in Kempten' [http://www.fuerstensaalclassix.de/Festival-2012/Programm.aspx] yesterday featured this:
Emánuel Moór (1863-1931)
Suite op.103a (1909) für Bläserquintett und Streichquintett
Janne Thomsen (Flöte), Olivier Doise (Oboe), Christoffer Sundqvist (Klarinette),
Hervé Joulain (Horn), Jaakko Luoma (Fagott), Geneviève Laurenceau (Violine 1),
Sølve Sigerland (Violine 2), Hariolf Schlichtig (Viola), Jakob Koranyi (Violoncello),
Niek de Groot (Kontrabass)
Deutschlandradio Kultur will broadcast recordings from the concerts tomorrow, 25th September, from 8.03 pm (CET) - the Moór will be on after the news at 9.

jerfilm

Wheesht

I'll certainly set the timer on my Sat receiver but I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to uploading... still, one has to start some time.

Thomas

jerfilm

Thank you good sir.   Setting up a free account at MediaFire isn't all that difficult and uploading to it is also pretty basic. 

Jerry

britishcomposer

I tried to record this concert, too. However, only the last movement of the Moór Suite was broadcast, four and a half minutes. Lively and well-wrought it made me curious about the whole work.

Did anyone record the early piano quintet by George Szell from the same broadcast? He was just fourteen!
I would like to know if others had the same trouble: in my recording the piece was preceded by a piano quintet by the contemporary Hungarian composer László Tihanyi. I suppose there was a skip in the stream because the Szell started somewhere without comment from an announcer. He announced the Tihanyi and after some 35 minutes gave us the performers details of the Szell quintet. I suppose it was my fault. If anyone has a faultless recording of the Szell I would very much appreciate an upload!

George Szell (1897-1970)
Klavierquintett E-Dur op.2 (1911)
Oliver Triendl (Klavier), Annti Tikkanen (Violine 1),
Elina Vähälä (Violine 2), Lise Berthaud (Viola), Marc Coppey (Violoncello)

eschiss1

Well, the Szell -was- recorded back in 1992 (commercially, I mean.)