d'Erlanger Concerto Symphonique

Started by Alan Howe, Tuesday 08 January 2013, 17:23

Previous topic - Next topic

thalbergmad

thalbergmad

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Tuesday 15 January 2013, 17:34

Thal, I have had to guess where the third/fourth movement break is as they are played attacca. Could you check if my guess is correct, please, and let me know if it isn't?  Ta.

Just a couple of seconds out as you have the last bar of the 3rd movement in the 4th, but to change it as per the score would lessen the listening experience.

Thal

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Thal. Not a bad guess then - I'll leave well alone. I've amended the listing to show that the work is in G minor.

jerfilm

Repeated listenings have made this more and more of a "hit" with me.   

I think you Brits have commented about this repeatedly, but I was struck at how blase the announcer was about the whole thing.  No excitement about 'this being the first performance of d'Erlanger's concerto since 19??" or anything of that nature.  Good thing I'm not the host - the intro would probably take almost as long as the work itself...... ::) ::) ::)

Jerry

thalbergmad

They are a little reserved on Radio 3. Perhaps they should borrow that chap who announces darts matches:

"Arrrre youuuuu readddyyyy. Letsss plllayyyy d'Erlangerrrrrrrrr"

As with you, a 2nd & 3rd listening have increased my appreciation. Hopefully a work that will not be "dropped".

Thal