Uploads/Downloads (not Fawlty, but...)

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 27 February 2013, 01:05

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

... is it too much to ask that downloads (and links to YouTube pages, which aren't downloads) be identified in some slightly more specific fashion? (There used to be such a policy, to prevent copyright strife, but... eh.)

I only found out that I already had a piece recently uploaded after downloading it, since only the composer's name was provided.

In regards the particular case I was thinking of - thanks for modifying. As general rule, etc. etc. etc. (to quote Yul Brynner or - I don't remember - perhaps the play or perhaps even the book it was based on. Yes, I am uncertain of the provenance. Yes, that is a bad pun.)

Alan Howe

I'll be more vigilant, Eric. Thanks for the reminder.

eschiss1

Thank you, and apologies, however much I may attempt to leaven with humor, I must needs be less grumpy (it really has been a good year...) :)... All best and cheer!

Alan Howe

No, you are right to advise vigilance. It's also necessary to have as many details as possible about all recordings.

eschiss1

I shouldn't mind if they did that for commercial recordings of course (and as a matter _of_), including recordings of well or (somewhat) better known pieces (the local library has recordings with practically no documentation, or not very helpful- whether Borodin 2 or Barenboim's Furtwangler 2 (good history of piece, no real detail -about- piece) - but... eh... another topic, or for another place :)!