Röntgen Cello Concertos 1-3 from cpo

Started by Alan Howe, Tuesday 04 June 2013, 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

mjkFendrich

There is already an excellent recording of these 3 cello concertos on Etcetera - cpo should go on with
more urgent projects (continuing e.g. the Badings project or other Röntgen works, or start with the
promised Pijper cycle).

FBerwald

..Nevertheless an excellent release to look forward to! Yes, More Röntgen please. Maybe CPO will eventually release Violin Concerto No. 2 and the rest of the Piano Concertos.

Alan Howe

The cpo recording may well pre-date the Etcetera release. In any case, I'm guessing Gregor Horsch may be worth listening to...

petershott@btinternet.com

For good or ill I'm tempted to disagree with those who complain about duplication.

If a renowned soloist wants to have a go at things already recorded, then why not? The more Rontgen the merrier.

But, yes, of course I concur (wholeheartedly) with the wish for Pijper or Badings.

eschiss1

Or van Goens (whose concertos I seem to recall have been recorded, now I think of it- once, anyway...) or (next door in Belgium) de Swert. Anyhow, agreed. :)

Gauk

Quote from: petershott@btinternet.com on Tuesday 04 June 2013, 13:56
But, yes, of course I concur (wholeheartedly) with the wish for Pijper or Badings.

I would not call either of those two gentlemen romantics, and to be honest, I find Pijper a bit worthy.

eschiss1

Good, I find Röntgen worthy (of our attention) also...

Gareth Vaughan

QuoteBut, yes, of course I concur (wholeheartedly) with the wish for Pijper or Badings.

I'm afraid I don't. You can keep both these non-Romantic composers. But that's just my taste.