Moszkowski Complete Works for Piano 4-Hands

Started by alharris, Thursday 08 May 2014, 14:03

Previous topic - Next topic

alharris

As a lover of Moszkowski's music I was happy to learn of this 3-disc June release on Brilliant Classics:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/complete-music-for-4-hands/hnum/5021930

Mark Thomas

TerraEpon

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Thursday 08 May 2014, 22:21
Oh, that's brilliant!

www.instantrimshot.com

But if the rest of it is as tuneful as the Spanish Dances, I'll be all over it.

eschiss1

And given Moszkowski's reputation, something of a triple-entendre, maybe.

Rob H

Looking forward to getting my mitts on this but have to say I was gutted when I realised that the subject line which showed as "Moszkowski complete works for pia" wasn't actually his complete works  for piano! Now that's a set I would snap up...

FBerwald

Lets hope GRAND PIANO will start a Complete Moszkowski series. In the meantime this new release seems very promising.

alharris

Working my way through listening to the 3 disc set (though "working my way" is a poor description of such a pleasurable experience).  Some familiar pieces, many unfamiliar. All a delight. An insane download bargain at qobuz.com-7.19 Euro for the complete set!

http://www.qobuz.com/album/moszkowski-complete-music-for-piano-four-hands-domenico-monaco-michele-solimando/5028421948355

Gounod21

Now we just need "Boabdil" from this exquisitely beautiful and deep(yes, deep lol!) composer, whose piano works , like Godard's, are the precursor of that elusive beauty we find in Faure(the early Faure is the most obvious comparison). That re-discovered early Piano Concerto almost outdid the more well-known one in passion, poignancy and grandeur. I never get why people aren't moved by this composer; you only have to hear the melody of the Violin Concerto slow movement; I know I have said it before, but it is possibly the most sublime melody I have heard. Perhaps I might break my current cd buying ban and invest in this current issue!Steve

Alan Howe

QuotePerhaps I might break my current cd buying ban and invest in this current issue!

We'd certainly like to hear what you think of the set in question...

TerraEpon

This is a fantastic set of music, though as with many (though not all) of Brilliant's original recordings it has some recording/mastering issues. Thankfully pretty minor.