Hitchcock Film Music, a new recording

Started by sdtom, Wednesday 20 August 2014, 02:48

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

I just received from Toccata a new recording of Music For Alfred Hitchcock Films. Some of these are new revisions by John Mauceri, conductor. My question is would there be an interest in a contest to receive a copy of this CD. I asked Alan and he left it up to me. If you could respond with a yes or no answer I'll know how to proceed.
Tom

mbhaub

Forget the contest, I'm ordering the cd today! Favorite scores from films by my favorite director... what a great surprise. John Mauceri has done great work in the past for keeping film scores alive and I'm glad to see he's still at it. The samples on the Toccata website are excellent. Now for volume two: neglected scores of neglected Hitchcock films: Suspicion, Saboteur, Topaz, Frenzy,  Family Plot, Foreign Correspondent.

Alan Howe

Actually, what I said was that it depends on the idiom of the music, so let's proceed with on eye on UC's remit, please!

TerraEpon

Herrmann is a bit off from UC's remit most of the time -- and certainly in the case of these works -- so I'd say this is a pretty off topic post.

Alan Howe

The music's not only by Herrmann, though:
http://www.toccataclassics.com/cddetail.php?CN=TOCC0241
I've amended the thread title throughout to read 'Hitchcock' instead of 'Herrmann'.

sdtom

I have two copies to be used as a give away. One of them I'll post on Film Score Monthly which will be an instant hit. This might not be the place for the other one although there is a lot of classical sounding material. Alan is right of course about the name change. I just goofed. There is Waxman, Tiomkin, and Benjamin material.
Tom