Bordes, (1863-1909), Voice And orchestra, Recueillement

Started by Aramiarz, Monday 22 September 2014, 19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Aramiarz

Bordes was considered together Castillon And Duparc, the genious that Franck's taught, (this is  own  words by him), tha Rapsodie Basque (1888) was dedicated to Emmanuel Chabrier. His inconcluse ópera named: Les trois vagues was considered by Dukas as very high quality as Carmen's Bizet.
Timpani was released two excellents cd's with his melodies (lieder). Simply, wonderful!
I'm searching the version for orchestra of some pieces. Worldcat indicate that BND (Germany National Library), have important these important material, but the realista is Other, they haven't Nothing!
But the mejor problem is that Salabert-Boosey haven't too the melodies with orchestra, only Promenade Matinale, pieces as Recuillement, Ephithalame, Dansons la gigue, La ronde des prissoniers, etc, don't appeared in no one place. :'(
They have avalaible the divertissement (for trumpet And orchestra), And Rapsodie Basque, And the suite Euskal Herria. In BNF have the Colloque sentimental,, anyone has some idea for search! I sent one Mail to Schole Cantorum, until today, I don't have answer from them  :'(

Aramiarz

If any one has interest in Bordes And his wonderful legacy, please follow this link, it's one program with music And comments! If You like Duparc, surely enjoy Bordes! They were friends And favorite disciples  of Cesar Franck

http://www.codigoradio.cultura.df.gob.mx/index.php/la-vida-secreta/17238-charles-bordes

eschiss1

Based on experience, Worldcat lists DNB generally to indicate -commercial- sources, afaik. It's an index, a registry. One has to know how to use these things rather than shouting at them for being what they are not, ok?? (And even then, no, they certainly do not always work as hoped-for or intended... I begin to believe after this time I could start to put together a partial practical guide to using Worldcat to search for classical music, e.g. "What does
"Sorry, no libraries with the specified item were found." mean?

E.g. suppose you were a conductor who'd heard the De Lamarter works in our "download" section and wanted to try out his overture "Overture : "They, too, went t'town"".  A search @ Worldcat - OCLC 44389703 - turns up the above Sorry message. No libraries? Actually, there is at least one: the Fleisher Collection @ Free Library of Philadelphia has it (and their description/library card exactly matches what shows up @ OCLC 44389703 - suggesting that - erm - well - something odd's going on here, and a few possibilities have come to mind as to why Worldcat doesn't just show "Free Library of Philadelphia" as they used to, not just one, but I'm not sure which is right.  Sibley Library Rochester University holdings also get this error message. So do a few others- in each case if they are the only matches to those OCLCs. If there are others that are displayable, the others are listed but the missing library vanishes from the list Worldcat provides at that OCLC (1-8 libraries of at least 16... or 40... or ... ) - you know.). That's... one oddness, of a few...

(If the moderators wish to remind me that De Lamarter is not within our scope, I agree; that example was the first one I found just randomly to mind, so to speak. There are many too many; if you want I'll find another later and replace with a strictly Romantic example-- but for -this- purpose does it really matter so?)

Or take DNB as above. See Reger: Lyrical Andante - DNB- this is really just an announcement that the work is available from Frankfurt/Main Edition Peters Group, Frankfurt/Main, Leipzig, London, New York, and in the below section, instrumentation and length--

Str(8.7.6.5.4.)
4'
- which is typical of DNB work catalog entries - DNB has person entries (like VIAF/LoC  authority entries, indeed, very like them and linked from VIAF); and also work entries, which Worldcat and VIAF link to in this way - a description of the work, with instrumentation and length, and current publishers. It's a database entry, not a library index proclaiming availability from the DNB itself. Hope that's summat clearer ;^)

jerfilm

Could you translate the names of the compositions in this concert, please?  I have it downloaded but my spanish does not exist.

Jerry

Aramiarz

Dear Jerfilm,

Ok!,   Do You like the music? What is opinion about them?

Aramiarz

Dear Erick
   Thank You for your comment, You have reason, DNB, haven't nothing :'(,
The info in worldcat is one false pist..
I had comunication with Durand-Salabert (boosey&Hawkes), they have some pieces for Voice And orchestra, but not all that the Worldcat indicate in DNB, I have the score of the Rapsodie Basque dedicated to Chabrier. Too I get the Pastoral And trois danses Bernoises. I'm fighting with the staff of the BNF for get the score of Trois vagues... I have the hope that Schola Cantorum have any score by Bordes. Boosey too has the Divertissement for trumpet And orchestra!

Aramiarz

In the program choice the next:

Suite Basque op 6 (dedicated to D'indy). Tempo di zortzico

11:46 Le son du cor
17:43 Promenade Matinale
23:01 Paysage vert
25:50 Chanson d'automne
29:37 Epithalame
32:35 Colloque sentimental (dedicated to Duparc)
38:45 La ronde des prissoniers (dedicated to Alexander Guilmant)
45:33 Fantaisie rhytmique IV
49:40 Dansons la gigue
51:39 Pensees orientales
54:57 Recueillement

It's interesting say that bordes was the first composer in use Verlaine's poems. Before Faure!
16/33 Bordes's melodies were inspired in this poet.

eschiss1

the Suite basque for flute and strings (or a version for flute and strings of it?) is what I was referring to in the other thread just now (and thought I'd found but hadn't), yep.

Aramiarz

Dear Erick the suite Basque is for flute And string quartett, violin 1 And 2, alt and cello.