Bazzini String Quartets on Dynamic - Reissue

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 03 December 2014, 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Naxos announces that Dynamic (one the labels they distribute...) has recently(?) reissued a 3-CD set of Antonio Bazzini's 6 string quartets. Have looked at the scores/parts of most of these works (over @ IMSLP.org) and think they'd be good to hear. (http://www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=CDS418)

Ah, ok- it's clear (see e.g. this thread) that this is a reissue... and not that well reviewed a one here. (Pity.) Hrm. Still, mentioning it anyway...

Aramiarz

Dear Erick, thank you! I have the Dynamic version. I remember that the notes said that the quinttet with piano is one important work!! Do you know anything about this work? Maybe any performance??

eschiss1

I know a -string- quintet (which is also not on the CD- it was recorded on an LP in 1978, though, and the performable music is @ imslp.org). Don't know of a piano quintet, but I am not expertly acquainted with his music!

Balapoel

Bazzini composed no piano quintets, as far as I know, but I don't have a complete catalog..
There is a string quintet:
String Quintet in A (1866)

eschiss1

1865, published 1866. It won a competition in 1865.

alberto

I have an elderly Lp recording of the String Quintet of the (no longer existing as such) label Fonit Cetra.
Its archives were transferred to Warner, but the Bazzini to my knowledge was never transferred to Cd.