Re: Some “Other” Wagner

Started by UnsungMasterpieces, Sunday 01 February 2015, 11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

UnsungMasterpieces

[This post refers to this post in the Downloads Board. Once again, as is clearly requested in the post there titled Please read this before posting here, that board is for posting downloads only. Mark]

Many thanks for these works! Wagner is only remembered for his operas, I think.
But his other works are amazing too! There's a playlist on YouTube that contains a lot of rare pieces by Wagner. You can find that playlist here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqlgCsJPZNa7MBf5Qv2o95QQZ2emGD18T

eschiss1

Well, only well-remembered for his operas and his Siegfried-Idyll perhaps, but a fair amount of other works have been recorded and even multiply-recorded. There's still despite that a fair amount that's hardly been recorded at all, so far as I know- perhaps not at all, though I'd suggest looking through several times of sources to be (more) sure of that, in the cases of miscellanea of well-known composers :)

(again - different performances of such works, especially if they're more convincing than already-available ones, or shine different light (and aren't commercially available), are afaik welcome in the Downloads section. The YouTube playlist is probably worth hearing in my opinion (and I know that at IMSLP- where we try to be very careful, most of the time, about © of material uploaded to our site (except maybe with WIMA items where the merge simply overwhelmed us- erm- not going there.)- links to items on other sites, whose © status is more in doubt, are actually more ok by us, certainly far, far more ok than uploading such items to our own servers ;) )

adriano

Don't forget Michel Plasson's interesting EMI CD of 1997 with the Dresdner Philharmonie and Dresden Male Choirs with following program:
Eine Faust-Ouvertüre
Festgesang: Der Tag erscheint
An Weber's Grabe: Hebt an den Sang
Siegfried-Idyll
Trauersinfonie
Das Liebesmahl der Apostel