News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Karol Lipiński

Started by UnsungMasterpieces, Saturday 31 January 2015, 17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

UnsungMasterpieces

I happened to have some downloaded music stored on my hard disk somewhere. It included some music by the Polish composer Karol Lipiński (1790 - 1861).
Might as well mention him since I haven't found any threads about him on the forums yet.

This composer and virtuoso violinist was born in Radzyń Podlaski, Poland. In 1818, he performed two concerts in Milan, together with Niccolò Paganini, whom he had met a year before.

In 1820 he travelled to Berlin, where he met Louis Spohr. Then he went to Russia. In 1829 he went to Warsaw and played a series of concerts with Paganini again.

In 1835-36 he went on a long tour and met Robert Schumann in Leipzig, who was really impressed of him.

Several works have been recorded on CD.

This post was just to give a quick introduction about Lipiński, and I hope you will like what you'll find.

Balapoel

Many works have been recorded, including all 4 symphonies, all 4 violin concertos, most of the concerted violin pieces, and at least 11 chamber pieces.

Alan Howe

Personally, I have never worked up much enthusiasm for Lipinski, except maybe for the violin concertos, but even they aren't a patch on, say, Paganini. So what have I missed?