Roger Sacheverell Coke

Started by giles.enders, Thursday 12 February 2015, 12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

giles.enders

Members might like to know that Simon Callaghan has recorded Sacheverell Coke's 24 Preludes Op.33 and 34 plus Fifteen Variations and finale Op.37.  The Cd will be released by Somm on May 5th.  There is a promotional video, link given below.  'Coke'  is pronounced Cook !
http://simoncallaghan.com/cds/   

There will also be a live performance of some of these pieces at Conway Hall, London in May.

Gareth Vaughan

This is terrific news. Were you responsible, Giles? If so, well done indeed.

Gareth Vaughan

I have just received an advance copy of this CD, courtesy of Simon Callaghan, and I can recommend it unreservedly. The music is highly virtuosic, melodic and individual - and Simon plays it beautifully. I urge members to purchase this disk and listen, if possible to R3's "In Tune" at 16.30 on 8th May when Simon will be interviewed about Roger's music and play some of it live. On 10th May he gives a Lecture Recital of Coke's piano music at the Conway Hall at 17.30.

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

What a good example of a thoughtful, informative and objective review Nick Barnard's is. I had thought that I'd let this release pass me by, but on the strength of it I'm now going to dip my toe in the water.

Alan Howe

Do let us know how inviting the water is...

Mark Thomas

It may be a few months, though, until the download is available.