Radecke Piano Trio cd from Trio Fontane (plus addt'l Swiss composers/Guild)

Started by Sharkkb8, Monday 15 August 2016, 02:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkkb8

Quote from: Wheesht on Thursday 17 March 2016, 02:10
In another thread I reported about a performance of (the) two Radecke Piano Trios by the Trio Fontane and that they would record them for CPO in October 2014. According to their website this is to be released in 2016.

In the symphony thread (and a much earlier one), Wheesht has whetted our appetites for more Radecke, and he's correct, it's [finally] on the way.  I wrote to the Trio Fontane about the release of the cd (mentioning Unsung Composers), and Andrea Wiesli, a trio member, confirmed a Nov 2016 release date.  She also kindly added: 

Thank you for your immediate reply from Hawai!
Your forum looks stunning - it's great that you are all so interested in "forgotten" composers and their music. Thank you in advance for your publicity! On 2nd of January another (double) CD with solos, duos, trios and lieder by Swiss composers as Eschmann, Schock, Andreae, Goetz a.o. is going to appear (Guild). I did some research for this album in the archives of the Zentralbibliothek Zürich. Would this also be interesting for your forum?
Besides our trio the swiss singers Muriel Schwarz (soprano) and Ruben Drole (baritone) take part in it.

With kind regards from all three "fountains"
Andrea

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

Wheesht

The CD has now arrived here with me, and listening to these works on disc is every bit as wonderful as in the live performance - does anyone else here have the CD, and an opinion on it?

Mark Thomas

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

...and the CD contains some truly lovely music. One of the chamber music highlights of the year, to be sure.

Mark Thomas

mikehopf

Both Piano Trios plus some fantasy pieces by Radecke are coming out in January  played by the Trio Fontane. on the CPO label.

Alan Howe

eschiss1

also streaming on Naxos Music Library already (w. downloadable booklet) if one has a subscription to that, even in the US it seems.