News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Google

Started by giles.enders, Tuesday 10 August 2010, 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

giles.enders

Has anyone noticed how many topics and names of composers that are mentioned on this site are picked up by Google?.  That can only be a good thing but it is a little frustrating when researching to get back to ones own quote!

thalbergmad

It was thanks to google that I found this excellent site.

I think I was researching Zelenski PC and unsung came up on the 2nd or 3rd page.

The obscurity of the composers we discuss I guess is always going to ensure that one finds ones own quotes on the first few google pages.

Thal

Delicious Manager

I too stumbled upon this site through researching something (or someone) obscure.

Rather than being irritated by it, i get a small sense of self-satisfaction when Google picks-up something I have posted somewhere on the internet. How important I must be!  8)

Pengelli

And sometimes disconcerting,if it's something I regret posting.

sdtom

I too have noticed and assume that some of the material that we do discuss is so obscure it is picked up by Google. I'm sure if we were discussing Beethoven's fifth we would see nothing.
Thomas :)

JimL

Oh we'd see something on Beethoven's 5th.  If you want to go all the way to page 565! :)

sdtom

only from the mind of Jim L ;D

JimL

True, Tom.  We'd have to dig even deeper for yours!  8)

giles.enders

Now Gentleman!  'Manners maketh man'

thalbergmad

It is the obscurity that makes this place far more interesting than all other music based forums I have visited.

However, at the first mention of "Waldstein" or "Raindrop", I will be off.

Thal

eschiss1

Quote from: thalbergmad on Wednesday 11 August 2010, 11:54
It is the obscurity that makes this place far more interesting than all other music based forums I have visited.

However, at the first mention of "Waldstein" or "Raindrop", I will be off.

Thal
Sylphide.

sdtom

he is right. I know Jim by the way and take this in the best of good spirit.

JimL

What?  We can't talk about the 'Waldstein' Concerto, or the 'Raindrop' Etude?!  ;D

thalbergmad

Nice one Jim.

Amazingly, in one of the forums I belong to we had a moonfright sonata.

Thal

sdtom

Quote from: JimL on Wednesday 11 August 2010, 06:30
True, Tom.  We'd have to dig even deeper for yours!  8)

Probably it would require a bulldozer and a bit of luck!!! :)