News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Album Cover Hall of Shame

Started by albion, Monday 16 August 2010, 07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Henriksen

Let me present to you the Swedish band Gert Jonnys (well, of course they had to be Swedish). Enjoy!

Forget ABBA, this is the new flavour!

Morten

J.Z. Herrenberg

albion

Quote from: J.Z. Herrenberg on Thursday 13 October 2011, 19:57Which is the puppet?

The one with layers of varnish covering the grain - oh, sorry, that could apply to either.

::)

semloh

Thank you for reviving this amazing, hilarious thread - I would never have noticed it otherwise. :) It's a goldmine of bad taste.

Mind you, I think some of the covers are aesthetically significant as exemplars of contemporary grotesquerie. And, after all, paradoxically, we are actually enjoying looking at them! It's like choosing to go to horror movies to be terrified or sickened! ???

There is a latent thread within this, of course, which may be worth starting separately, looking at the extreme counter-examples, like the lovely Cyril Scott covers. What do you think? Too big a topic?

That Heino, Liebe Mutter... cover is hauntingly horrible!!!!! Antidotes required!!!!!

M. Henriksen

I don't know if we can see any improvement here:

Morten

JimL

Cute doggies improve anything.  :D

Alan Howe

Not the pavement - sorry 'sidewalk'...

semloh

Quote from: M. Henriksen on Friday 14 October 2011, 11:55

Morten

Yes, he does at least look human in this one.  :)
Pity about the poodles though.... yuk! (sorry JimL!)
Morten.... please reassure us that dreadful thing isn't actually in your personal record collection!!! ???

The emoticons are totally inadequate for this thread! We need one for "nauseous"! ;D

JimL

Quote from: semloh on Friday 14 October 2011, 22:05
Quote from: M. Henriksen on Friday 14 October 2011, 11:55

Morten

Yes, he does at least look human in this one.  :)
Pity about the poodles though.... yuk! (sorry JimL!)
Morten.... please reassure us that dreadful thing isn't actually in your personal record collection!!! ???

The emoticons are totally inadequate for this thread! We need one for "nauseous"! ;D
Well, yeah, from the other end he does kind of do the poodles a disservice... :(

M. Henriksen

I'm sorry.. or glad to say it's not a part of my collection. Heino's music is still unsung to me. And I have no plans to change that.

Morten

eschiss1

... I thought you meant Heino Eller...

albion

J.Z. Herrenberg

Heino was quite popular in the Netherlands a few decades ago. So I have been exposed to his dark timbre... But there are pills.

semloh

Quote from: Albion on Monday 17 October 2011, 08:44

What a pity that they ran out of room for the U and the S.

;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Clever!

Hovite

The rarely recorded Brahms 8th Symphony:

The back side of a 1958 recording of Bruckner's 9th Symphony:

(It's a shame they don't provide timings. I would be fascinated to learn how long that fourth movement lasts.)