Dubois: Symphonies, chamber and sacred music

Started by Mark Thomas, Wednesday 24 December 2014, 06:24

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

OTOH Fleisher has scores & parts available for everything ever written (I vastly exaggerate; I rather wish they did ;^) ) and I doubt Heugel (Heugel-Leduc?) has been pushing the Dubois symphonies very hard, unfortunately. (Do they even list them as available at their website? Will have to check that...) (My point, if not clear, is that music not much known and not much pushed is almost always not much played.)

Alan Howe

Gareth Vaughan

I'm pretty darned sure Heugel will have done nothing to advance the cause of Dubois. That would be typical,  I fear, of many music publishers.

Alan Howe

It was the details the website supplied that interested me...

eschiss1

I agree, it seems to be fairly Universal of Editions. 
Anycase, I hope to hear his symphonies sometime soon.

BTW, the score and parts of the Symphonie Française made their way to a concert(...s) in New York City (November 1917) and the NY Philharmonic Archives...

http://archives.nyphil.org/index.php/artifact/fcc95e34-8697-4c91-bc18-01f3a0741d89

(score has a copyright 1908, plate H&Cie 23,947)

chill319

Perhaps this is Eric's doing: the score and parts of the Symphonie francaise were uploaded to IMSLP on 4 Jone. Thanks to whomever.

eschiss1

Not directly my doing, but/and I agree with the sentiment. :)
(4 Jone is no relation to Hildegard Jone, btw, or to Webern.)

jdperdrix

I just received my copy of the book and 3 CD's. I'd ordered them directly from Ediciones Singulares in Spain where it was listed at 29.9 euros, including handling and postage (34.84 pounds on Amazon UK and 37 euros on Amazon France). I got it in 2 weeks. I was a bit worried because they never acknowledged receipt of my order!

Interesting book. I still have to listen to the CD's! I immediately removed the CD's to put them in appropriate boxes!

Aramiarz

In last years research with Fleisher collection about the 3rd Symphony dedicated to Saint-Saëns, the problem is that the score isn't in good condition for loan...... :'(

Tapiola

I'm listening to the 2nd Symphony (stunning, btw!), which, according to the recording, is in B minor, but it doesn't sound in that key that much, but rather in D minor/D major. Was it a deliberate mistake? Was it a typing mistake?