Roussel Bacchus & Ariadne, Op.43

Started by dhibbard, Friday 29 May 2020, 04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dhibbard

I just heard on our local radio station a wonderful recording of Roussel's Baccus and Ariadne.. turns out it was from a recording on Naxos of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra.   Anyone know of any other recordings of this piece?      Thanks

M. Yaskovsky

BBC Philharmonic under YP Tortelier on Chandos 9494

Expi

There lots of good recordings around:  Eschenbach on ONDINE, Pretre on EMI, Yamada on Pentatone, Dutoit on Erato, or classics by Cluytens and Martinon ...

dhibbard

I am considering purchasing the 4CD Naxos set of the complete symphonies for the price of 1 CD.   The Royal Scottish National Orchestra....   has anyone purchased the same?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NEQAX6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3PGK7W8CFAIS0&psc=1

Alan Howe

alberto

I have many recordings of Roussel orchestral music (and mostly of the symphonies)  and , IMHO,I would rank high the Naxos set conducted by Denève (who once conducted the complete Bacchus et Ariane in my city).
There is also a fine fifth Naxos Cd from the same forces (Le Festin de l'Araigneè ballet complete and two orchestral suites from the fine opera Padmavati).