Piano Trios: Hans Huber Op.20 & Goetz Op.1

Started by Alan Howe, Thursday 02 January 2020, 22:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

Wheesht

This is a must-buy for me, especially after hearing them play these pieces live in a spirited virtuoso performace.

eschiss1

A dilemma since some of us may already have one of the multiple recordings of the Goetz, but "some of us" are not a large audience :D. If this suggests more Swiss Romantic trio repertoire to come, including the other Huber trios that seems a good thing.

Santo Neuenwelt

As Eric noted, the Goetz Piano Trio Op.1 has been recorded, at least twice, once on the Hungarton label the on Tacit. A good work which should be heard in concert but isn't...There is also a BNH recording of Huber's Piano Trio Nos.2 and 3, both excellent works which can be heard on Youtube. So much of this composer's fine chamber music belongs in the repertoire. What a shame that it isn't...

Unfortunately, there is no description on the label or website quoted as to which Huber trio is on the CD...

Alan Howe

QuoteUnfortunately, there is no description on the label or website quoted as to which Huber trio is on the CD...

The hint's in the thread title! I found this out here:
https://naxosdirect.com/items/goetz-huber-piano-trios-526919

eschiss1

op.20 is his 2nd trio (but 1st published- I believe the earlier? G minor unpublished may be complete enough to count).
Goetz's trio is also I think on cpo, so at least 3 times? ;)