Schreker Complete Orchestral Works vol.1

Started by Alan Howe, Friday 10 July 2020, 09:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Very cool. This is off topic I know but you seem to be the CPO go-to man Alan, is their any word on vol 2 of Goldmark's symphonic poems?

Can we perhaps get a sticky on all future releases? or something like that...difficult to track everything. Soooo much is released nowadays, one might miss something. Could be helpful to members.

Alan Howe

I simply keep track of what's announced at jpc.de. I have no inside information, I'm afraid.

Mark Thomas

So there's a Schreker symphony - I had no idea. It's an early work (1899) and the finale is lost apparently.

Ilja

It was recorded on Capriccio by the Cologne Radio Orchestra under Peter Gülke. That's a very good recording, so this one has something to live up to.

Alan Howe

dhibbard

Ahh yes  you seem to be the CPO go-to man !!!!  Ha

Mark Thomas

I think Alan's already made clear that he isn't.

Alan Howe

QuoteAhh yes  you seem to be the CPO go-to man !!!!  Ha

Can't see what's funny. Anyone can search the forthcoming releases (Vorschau) at jpc.de ...
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/preview

Kevin

I don't speak a word of german so Vorschau means zilch to me. Google translate or the websites own translation is often quite poor and of no use to me. Their websites not the best.

Sharkkb8

Quote from: Kevin on Saturday 11 July 2020, 08:48
I don't speak a word of german so Vorschau means zilch to me.

I don't speak German either.  But I do manage to click the "switch to English" link, at the top of the page. 

Kevin

Quoteswitch to English

I find it garbled at times and not worth my time in frustration. That's why I'm grateful that Alan and other members take to the time to post new releases, because I would be very lost and confused otherwise.

Gareth Vaughan

Don't understand what you mean by "garbled". I've  never had any problem with it. But if anyone does have difficulties with a site I do agree that it is nice when Alan and others on this forum alert us to new releases which we might otherwise miss.
And I have no idea what dhibbard means by his post, except that I suspect it is meant to be offensive.

Sharkkb8

Quote from: Kevin on Saturday 11 July 2020, 09:08
Quoteswitch to English
not worth my time in frustration.

Ah.  So, if it's not worth *your* time, surely it's not worth ours.

Kevin

I'm sure dhibbard was making a light hearted joke(I think) Their's no need for people to take everything seriously all the time.