Beer-Walbrunn 'In Memoriam' – works for piano

Started by Wheesht, Sunday 01 November 2020, 13:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

The new CD with world premiere recordings of works for piano by Anton Beer Walbrunn performed by Mamikon Nakhapetov is finished and should become officially available early next year. The cover image, a painting by Beer-Walbrunn's wife, and the track list can be seen here. Based on the Cello Sonata on the earlier CD especially, I'm really looking forward to this new release.

Wheesht

Due to the pandemic it may well take longer than expected for the CD to become officially available. However, it can be bought directly from Mr Valeske, the chairman of the Beer-Walbrunn Art & Culture Association, for the special price of 15 Euros (plus p&p). Contact details here.

Wheesht

The Sept/Oct edition of Fanfare Magazine has an enthusiastic review by Jerry Dubins. As Fanfare requires a subscription, I will just quote the last sentence here:
QuoteOnce again, the pieces on the disc at hand are all gorgeous examples of the great Romantic piano tradition, and I cannot imagine a better musical advocate for them than Mamikon Nakhapetov. His playing is assured, his tone singing and beautiful, and most of all, he tugs at the heart and touches the soul. Urgently recommended.