News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Belgian piano trios

Started by eschiss1, Friday 24 September 2021, 14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

As yet unspecified? music for piano trio by Joseph Callaerts (1830-1901, familiar to me more as a composer for organ some of whose music is at IMSLP) and Joseph Ryelandt (1870-1965) was recorded by the Ryelandt Trio in April and will be released on Etcetera (album: "Late Romantic Piano Trios From Flanders") in late October (see Presto Classical.) The Ryelandt trio might be his B minor trio, Op.57, from 1915 that can be heard on YouTube...
(Oddly, Ryelandt has a published trio for violin, cello and piano Op.57, and according to Worldcat, several numbered trios for the same combination with later opus numbers in manuscript- Opp.75, 131- and the already recorded (on Toccata) Canon en trio Op.70. Op.57 was recorded by a different trio in 2014 on Phaedra.)

semloh

Thanks, Eric.
This sounds very promising. I like the orchestral music of Ryelandt, but don't know any of the chamber music you mention, so I'll certainly be on the lookout for this down the track.

Justin

Here is the first movement from Piano Trio, Op. 16 by Joseph Callaerts on the same album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCwiK5uz0P8