Moscheles: Piano Concerto No. 8

Started by Kriton, Friday 18 June 2010, 15:15

Previous topic - Next topic

thalbergmad

Quote from: JimL on Sunday 19 September 2010, 23:41
BTW, if anyone has the movement titles of the "Pastoral" Concerto available, I'd much appreciate it.

Andantino con moto, adagio & allegro non troppo.

Thal

giles.enders

Has the recording of Moscheles Piano Concerto No.8 with orchestration by Ian Hobson been released yet?

eschiss1

Hrm. How good is Zephyr Records at promoting releases in preparation, I wonder - I don't know, anyway. I don't think it's out yet...

pianoconcerto

Quote from: eschiss1 on Sunday 03 July 2011, 17:26
Hrm. How good is Zephyr Records at promoting releases in preparation, I wonder - I don't know, anyway. I don't think it's out yet...

The Hobson recording of Moscheles's piano concerto 8 in now available as an mp3 download from amazon.com and iTunes.

herrarte

pianoconcerto

Quote from: herrarte on Tuesday 05 June 2012, 00:25
The Concerto has somehow been "leaked", or is this the Official release?.  Check the link...

The CD release seems not to be available yet, but the mp3 of Concerto 8 (broken down into 5 tracks) is of the "official" recording (i.e., not the in-concert performance mentioned earlier).  I think the new recording presents the work in a much better light.  We owe Hobson our sincere gratitude for reconstructing the orchestral part of this score and allowing us to hear it.

terry martyn

With the Mehul success, the CD shopping list is down to five.
This is one of them, but I am unsure as to whether this was ever actually issued as a CD. Does anybody know, and,if they do, any ideas on how to purchase it,please?

Gareth Vaughan

It certainly was issued as a CD and I have a copy of it. But I can't tell you where I bought it now; it is so long ago. Sorry. You could try searching discogs.com - and you can put a "want" on there if you open an account (you probably know that already).

Alan Howe

terry martyn

Thanks for this information. I have indeed been looking for it on discogs, and will continue my search !

eschiss1

fwiw, also streams on Amazon (search Moscheles concerto 96) . It seems to have 5 tracks, not 3?... tracks 4-8 of the recording (Andantino con moto, Allegretto, Adagio, Allegretto, Allegro con moto.)