News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Fritz Stüssi

Started by Wheesht, Wednesday 29 October 2014, 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

The "Orchester vom See" of Zurich has played a work by the forgotten Swiss composer Fritz Stüssi (1874-1923) every year since 2011. This year they will perform his major work, the Oratorio "Vergehen und Auferstehen" from 1914 - according to the orchestra website, it is very much in the late Romantic tradition. Audio samples of some of his other works are to be found here:
http://www.orchestervomsee.ch/media/

Sibeliusfan

Lovely music, running not too deep, but well worth hearing and exploring.
Are there any plans for a cd?

Wheesht

The oratorio was premiered on 1st November and I am going to a performance on the 23rd where I hope to find out if there are any recording plans.

Aramiarz

Interesting composer, have You listened more music about him? His early death remember me the Robert Hermann life, 1869-1912

Wheesht

The concert last night was definitely worth going to. The oratorio is about 40' minutes long and never outstays its welcome, IMHO. The only other Stüssi piece was the Suite en miniature in G Major, at just under 10' quite short for its five movements, but full of interest I thought. There will be a CD of the concert, probably an own-label recording, for which concert goers could place orders yesterday. Once I have my copy (CDs will be sent out in December), I'll post details here. I have not heard any other music by Stüssi, but I do intend to go to the next concert by the "Orchestra of the Lake" in March with the Spring Cantata (FRüHLINGSKANTATE) with Stephanie Ritz, solo soprano.

Aramiarz

Dear friend! Please when you have info for buy the cd, share us! I have some much interest!!

Wheesht

As soon as I get the CD next month, I'll post any useful information I can get on how to obtain a copy.

Aramiarz

Justin

Going to ask you Wheesht if the CD finally came in.  ;D

Wheesht

It did, I ordered it from the "Orchester am See" and had it sent to me. The orchestra has since changed its name to https://www.zuercherkammerphilharmonie.ch. I have no idea if the CD is still available from them.