News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

2024 Unsung Concerts

Started by Justin, Wednesday 31 May 2023, 02:48

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Ilya: in re the Kralik work you mentioned awhile back, I feel like I saw a mention of several soon-to-be-released discs of her music recentlyish (to augment the one or two that now exist), which might include such a work. Can't find it now, though. ???...

Alan Howe

Quote from: eschiss1 on Wednesday 12 June 2024, 21:19Anyone mentioned tomorrow's Leipzig concert with Reinecke's Hakon Jarl symphony? (Ruth Reinhardt conducting the Gewandhaus.)

Thanks, Eric. I wonder whether this will be broadcast?

eschiss1

Will have to try to find out. I may have to check afterwards or, at least, I'm not positive how to check-maybe I need to learn how to check the German radio schedules...

Also, looking at the program of the West Cork Festival. Maybe of most interest here so far is a program with clarinet music (including sonatas) by Charles Stanford, John Ireland and others at Bantry House on 2 July 2024. Will continue to check the rest of the program :)...

(Also, I see ewk mentioned the Reinecke performance of tomorrow a year ago in a post in "2023 Unsung concerts"...)

eschiss1

Maybe MDR Kultur , though they aren't broadcasting it tomorrow- will see if I can check later days...

Also, Reinecke's 200th is, so to speak, in 10 days from now, and MDR Kultur is broadcasting a more general Reinecke program (possibly talk rather than music) on Saturday - description thereof? (any failure of translation is mine, I should have at least run it through some sort of translator, however rough, first :) )

eschiss1

Also in a few days is a Wigmore Hall concert of interesting string trio music from Beethoven to Weinberg (not in our orbit) with Dohnanyi and Enescu being two composers who sometimes are (and specifically, the Enescu Aubade - his representative in this concert- is from 1899, the Dohnanyi is his famous, and just a bit "off" :), serenade for trio). (The one remaining work on the program, Kodaly's 1905 Intermezzo, I haven't heard at all. Actually, not sure I've heard Weinberg's string trio yet either, but I should go fix that...)  This concert , 17 June 7:30pm local, should be recommendable enough...

eschiss1

and one more thing :)

October 14 at the Rudolfinum- Dvorak Hall in Prague:

"Smetana, Bedřich (1824-1884)    String Quartet no.1 in E minor "From my life"   
Taneyev, Sergey Ivanovich (1856-1915)    String Quartet no. 2 in C major, Op.5   
Dvořák, Antonín (1841-1904)    String Quintet no. 3 in E flat major, Op.97"

Talich Quartet and Lawrence Dutton, viola (in the Dvořák).

One other thing: Saturday at Wigmore Hall, Paul Wee plays the Alkan solo piano concerto. (I'd still call this unsung, judging at least from the reaction of the audience next to me after Hamelin performed the piano symphony wonderfully in Ithaca awhile back...)