Alexey Shor (b.1970) Violin Concerto

Started by Alan Howe, Thursday 14 July 2022, 18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

I have a subscription to VAN magazine and have just tried copying and pasting the full text of the article, without illustrations, to see if I could make it fit in here. While this would work, I am loath to do it as it would be an infringement of copyright IMHO.   

Alan Howe

It sounds impractical to me, so unless someone has the time to make a summary of the article, I'd say let's wait until we can find another source or report.

Alan Howe

Christopher

Dear oh dear. Am happy to DM the article to anyone interested.  I am still working (it's 22:15 here) so really wouldn't have time to precis an already-well-written article, sorry.

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

If you send me the article by PM I'll produce a summary.

Alan Howe

Basically, the article reveals that:
(i) The music is has little substance (although there's little discussion of it);
(ii) The composer's influence stems from connections with Putin's Russia;
(iii) This influence not only facilitates the promotion of his own music but also serves as a propaganda tool of the Russian state;
(iv) His enormous wealth has enabled him to 'buy' the services of high-profile musicians.

Frankly, it's all very distasteful. A good way of registering our distaste might be to cease all discussion of his music.