Amazon and the Dutton Epoch mystery

Started by albion, Saturday 05 March 2011, 15:56

Previous topic - Next topic

albion

Can anybody offer a convincing explanation as to the truly bizarre pricing structure and availability of Dutton Epoch discs on Amazon.co.uk (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_1?rh=k%3Adutton+epoch%2Ci%3Aclassical&keywords=dutton+epoch&ie=UTF8&qid=1299340174#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=k%3Adutton+epoch%2Cn%3A229816%2Cn%3A!520920%2Cn%3A697386&keywords=dutton+epoch&ie=UTF8&qid=1299340223)?

Some discs are not marked as available from Amazon, but those that are range from a rational £8.99 to a wallet-busting £32.99!  :o

Pengelli

The prices are varied,to say the least.and I don't think even the most ardent Ireland advocate would want to pay that. HMV usually have the lowest prices for Dutton cd's. I know the 'Queen of Cornwall' was being offered for something ridiculous like £10.99 for two discs recently,but I still resisted.( I'm not keen on opera's with unhappy endings. I like something to cheer me up!) I also pre-order some Dutton cd's directly from from Dutton just to help support what they're doing.

albion

With smaller companies, such as Dutton and Toccata I also make a point of ordering directly from them even if it's a few pounds more than other retailers - it's just that I use amazon quite a lot for other (mostly already quite elderly) recordings and when I happen across a Dutton release it always stands out on account of this peculiar anomaly.