Samuel de Lange: String Quartet #4

Started by mikehopf, Sunday 11 May 2014, 09:16

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehopf

This week on Concertzender:

Samuel de Lange: String Quartet No.4 in D Op.81 ( 1901)

performed by the Rubens Quartet.

eschiss1

I've only seen no.3 and not heard that. This is welcome news to me. Thank you.  "This week"? Has Concertzender stopped keeping things more or less ad infinitum and changed to BBC's policy of holding them for a week? Sorry to hear... though makes more sense, I guess... or do you mean it's being broadcast sometime this week :)

(Hrm. Reminds me of an issue associated with that composer's music which I'd been meaning to check on- that some of his works may be misattributed to his father or vice versa (Sr/Jr)... and this seems to be true. The list  of his father's manuscripts at the Netherlands Music Institute includes a number of works that seem to match pieces we'd included at IMSLP in Jr.'s worklist. Hrm. Trying to fix that.)

mikehopf

As far as I know, Concertzender still keep their files for a few years. This quartet was first broadcast on 6th May with a couple of repeats since then. Go to "zoek" to find the broadcast times and dates then press the speaker icon to listen and download the music.

eschiss1

eschiss1

Belatedly, still need to go listen to that- I see it was first(??) broadcast as long ago as January 2013 (and the concert itself was in 2011).
Another Concertzender program mentioned hereandabouts ("Out of sight and out of mind") has had some interesting installments lately, looks like...