Bisel Classics - Publisher of Unsung Composers

Started by Wheesht, Thursday 04 June 2015, 02:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

Has anyone here come across Bisel Classics, who refer to themselves as publishers of unsung composers?
http://bisel-classics.com/shop/en/content/8-about-us

Mark Thomas

Yes, I've bought three scores from Bisel. They are new editions, not facsimiles of originals, are very clearly printed and come with a short essay about the composer and the music. I downloaded one score, but the other two were mailed to me and arrived (in the UK) within just a  couple of days. Very good service, I thought.

eschiss1

They beat me (by some years, I mean :)- ... I eventually noticed, though... ) to a project I was (sort of?) working on (typesetting parts of Jadassohn's violin romance from the score?) (which leaves me with only one question - how good are they at crediting/noting their sources- what editions/publications they're working from, that sort of thing? Since that can be useful information, if not always for every performer, at least sometimes, since sometimes different nearly-contemporary early editions of a score can conflict... and otoh not all typesetters work from early editions of a score and/or manuscripts, which can be good and bad.)