Fantastic 'unsung' CD bargains from Finland

Started by Delicious Manager, Thursday 18 August 2011, 12:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious Manager

I have recently been made aware of a major CD store in Helsinki which is moving premises. As a result, they are selling-off a huge amount of excellent CDs, many of them by unsung composers, for as little as 3 Euros each. I have already succumbed and bought 12 of these, but I thought I should make my fellow contributors aware of this fantastic opportunity. Shipping costs outside Europe will obviously be higher than within Europe, but the cost of some of these CDs might offset this nicely.

Here is a link to the relevant page: http://www.fuga.fi/clearance.html.

Happy browsing!

Peter1953

Thanks Delicious Manager, that's very thoughtful of you!

Delicious Manager

Just to update on my order from Fuga in Finland. I ordered the CDs on Wednesday and received them less than 48 hours later in the UK. If that isn't great service, I don't know what is. All items brand new and in perfect condition.

Hovite

I also thank you. My parcel arrived today. It was well packed. The shop suggested sending discs without cases, and I agreed, mostly out of curiosity. In the past I have often received smashed cases through the post, so it was pleasant to receive a package that didn't rattle. I can now spend some happy hours putting the discs and inlays into perfect cd cases. It's a bit like a jigsaw, but progress is slow, because I keep stopping to read the booklets.

Delicious Manager

I went for the jewel case option (otherwise I'd have used-up most of my stocks of 'spare' cases. Happily (and unusually), all arrived intact, without the slightest crack and with all CD retaining splines intact. The packaging was fantastic and the service unbelievable. I'm a fan!

How many did you buy, Hovite?

Hovite

Quote from: Delicious Manager on Wednesday 24 August 2011, 17:10

Just twenty. At three euros each. Postage was ten euros. Meanwhile, a trip to a local Tesco netted three packs of ten jewel cases at £3.85 per pack.

Delicious Manager

Quote from: Hovite on Friday 26 August 2011, 12:50
Quote from: Delicious Manager on Wednesday 24 August 2011, 17:10

Just twenty. At three euros each. Postage was ten euros. Meanwhile, a trip to a local Tesco netted three packs of ten jewel cases at £3.85 per pack.
Ha, ha 'just' twenty! I managed to restrict myself to twelve, although my tastes are somewhat more esoteric than perhaps the average 'Unsung' contributor.

So, between us, I think we put-up quite a laudable effort in emptying their shelves.