Kalliwoda publications by Ries & Erler - note...

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 15 February 2015, 00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

hrm. Just noticed this in connection with a series that Ries & Erler seems to be doing, reprinting and sometimes, where only parts exist, creating first-edition full scores, of certain works by Kalliwoda (it may be due to this that some recordings we've heard- e.g. of the 4th symphony, which that link is about- may have been able to take place, with the corrections between the parts that had to be undertaken, etc. since the work was only published once, it seems.) Might become- they've already published 3 of his symphonies, I think, and at least 2 concertos- an ongoing collected scholarly edition of sorts.

That'd be neat. Not claiming first- or second-rank (I have a minute first rank and a small 2nd rank anyway, by which standard I end up enjoying - a lot! - a lot of "third-rank" people) status for him as a composer but such an edition seems a very good idea to me.

("first performance of the Third Symphony on March 10, 1830 in Donaueschingen and the first detectable performance of the Fourth Symphony on March 12, 1835 in Leipzig"- interesting)