News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Sheet music Sale

Started by John H White, Thursday 11 February 2010, 15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

John H White

I notice that Elibron are having a 10% off sale up to the end of this month. I've just checked out their music catalogue and I see that they offer 401 works in the orchestral section, 272 under chamber music and another 271 under Choral. Of course, being based on music originating from a Russian archive, Russian composers, such as Arensky, Kallinikov, Borodin and Cuie figure very prominently, but there are quite a few works by Spohr in the Chamber section and such rarities as Max Bruch's 3rd Symphony and Robert Volkmann's Serenade for String Orchestra figure amongst the full sized scores along with Raff's 1st, 2nd and 3rd Symphonies. There are also featured many composers that I have never come across elsewhere. However,one thing to remember about Elibron is that their delivery speed is not particularly spectacular! For more information you can go to www.elibron.com. 

thalbergmad

I have heard too many horror stories and would not use them myself. I would rather go to a library and pay for copies.

For delivery to UK, they must drive to Martha's Vineyard and throw a bottle containing scores in the ocean hoping the prevailing current will assist.

Thal

John H White

However Thal, all the music I have ordered from them over the years did arrive in the end. I'd certainly rather deal with full sized scores from them than miniatures from people like Eulenberg. It all depends on how long you are prepared to wait.

thalbergmad

I know people who had to wait 4 months and one person that did not get a refund when his order never arrived.

I am trying to recall a music forum where i have been a member where they have not been criticised, but i cannot at the moment.

Even the British Library only takes a month.

Thal