News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Further about Napravnik

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 01 November 2012, 04:04

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

IMSLP now has a piano duet score of Napravnik's 3rd, "Demon", symphony in E minor (1874), for such as have been interested in having a look (I still know of no broadcast or other performances, but at least one now can have a look more readily.)

JimL

I'd love to have a go at one of the symphonies!  I've downloaded the Fandango for orchestra and I already have the Concerto Symphonique.  If I could have a symphony I could burn a full CD for my conductor contact!

eschiss1

Czech Radio Archivy lists 25 recordings of various works and selections by him but not from his symphonies.  Maybe somewhere.

(A partial manuscript, violin 1 part only and only a few pages, is in the Henry Gilbert collection of Yale University, btw...)

rosflute

I thought you might be intrigued to read that last year I published a little salon piece by Napravnik.  Scherzo Espagnol was originally written for violin and piano but it works excellently for piccolo and piano: hear it on soundcloud at http://soundcloud.com/rosflute/napravnik-arr-tr-bger-scherzo