More Ries from CPO, finally Der Räuberbraut!

Started by Hilleries, Tuesday 07 May 2013, 15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilleries

Still no release date as of yet, but I just wanted to point out that they are already annoucing its coming. When you go to CPO's home page, there's a text about the label, it ends with:
"Im Beitrag, der im Kulturmagazin Kultur.21 erschienen ist, sind auch die Aufnahmen zur 1000. Produktion von cpo zu sehen, der Oper »Die Räuberbraut« von Ferdinand Ries."

In other words, CPO's 1000th production is Die Räuberbraut. Again, it's about time. It's also about time Ries catches on to programmes all around, I don't know what's taking so long on that matter. I mean, look at the man's piano concertos! Wonderful alternatives to the old warhorses!

Mark Thomas

QuoteWonderful alternatives to the old warhorses!
There is no shortage of alternatives to old warhorses, just a shortage of concert goers who want to hear anything but the familiar warhorses, and a shortage of concert promoters brave enough to try out an alternative. Ries piano concertos as staples of concert programmes? Forget it. Good as they are, it just isn't going to happen.

M. Henriksen

We already have a topic from February 2012 on this forthcoming cpo-release. But it's good to get a reminder! Unfortunately I can't find it among cpo's next batch of releases.

Morten