Ferdinand Hiller Piano Quintet

Started by Mark Thomas, Thursday 08 September 2011, 15:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

WDR's Musikhaus programme (13:04 German time this coming Sunday 11 September) will be broadcasting a performance of Hiller's Piano Quintet op.156 with Oliver Triendl ,piano and the Minguet Quintet. Just make sure that you don't tread in the Stockhausen which follows!

jerfilm

Thanks Mark.  Have it set up to go.

Jerry

britishcomposer

Quote from: Mark Thomas on Thursday 08 September 2011, 15:24
Just make sure that you don't tread in the Stockhausen which follows!

Oh, it's just the "Tierkreiszeichen", very accessible and melodic. Just give him a chance, you will be surprised

ancutzaa

Hello! I am new here and I am searching for the German Radio Broadcast of the Hiller Piano Quintet. I have to play it myself and any recording of it would be a great help. Thank you!

Mark Thomas

JimL

Quote from: ancutzaa on Monday 01 October 2012, 18:42
Hello! I am new here and I am searching for the German Radio Broadcast of the Hiller Piano Quintet. I have to play it myself and any recording of it would be a great help. Thank you!
You lucky dog, you!  :)

ancutzaa

This is so great, I've got the recording! Thank you so much Mark!!!  ;D

PS. For Jim..... yes, I am a lucky, but very workfully dog  ;) I have to play three Quintets by the end of the months.... so I'd better go practice;) Hope Hiller is a nice piece.....I will soon get the scores too.
All the best for everybody here, this is such a great website :D

JimL

It's a GREAT piece!  And Edition Silvertrust has the score.

eschiss1

I liked the mystery given by "Performers specified on Recording", but just to clear it all up for anyone like me who e.g. is using iTunes and likes to have something definite in the Artist field... it's Oliver Triendl/Minguet Quartet

(at that, I think I have not just those separately- the Minguet Quartet on 2 treasured CDs of Robert Fuchs' string quartets; and I know Triendl's been recording a good deal of Draeseke - but together in something else too... ah, I see they've recorded Herzogenberg's piano quintet for cpo... :) they do good work!)

And now I've finally gotten around to hearing it (on the excuse I've given myself of time-tracking ;) one-track/multi-movement things in my collection *g*) I agree. Erstaun...erm, great piece!

(A movement from their recording of the Herzogenberg will be broadcast on the 22nd on Belgium's Radio Klara Continuo.)

semloh

Thanks Eric. So - same performers (+1) as for the Piano Quartet, broadcast two weeks later. Both fine pieces.