August Henrik Winding 1835-1899

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 23 May 2013, 04:02

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

been looking over the autographs of a few of his works scanned by the Danish Royal Library, and they do look interesting; I will try to have a listen.  The concert allegro - which was also on that Danacord CD- I notice has an alternate ending (it seems?) - 16 pages' worth (after the ending on page 72 of the autograph, the next page begins again from rehearsal K (the PiĆ¹ allegro turn to C major), with the notation "Mol-Slutning" - I think I'll check that one with a translator...) - does the existing recording include that ending as an ossia, is it in the published score - I see that perhaps (pretty obvious from "Mol") the difference is that in the alternate ending, that change to major at K does not happen (no key signature, but that's because it's an autograph ms, and the only key signature is on the first page of a movement) - hrm. (Then after -that- there's what looks like a sketchy 2nd alternate ending.  Ah, the joys of autograph scores. :) )

The string quintet and piano quartet by him I see over at IMSLP look intriguing too. Anyhow again, thanks for the recommendation. I forget, is there a symphony also?

(Oh. There. Op.39, in C minor, published 1895. Right...)

SadRobotSings

The Royal Library just recently uploaded a manuscript score of his Op. 10 cello sonata, which I haven't seen referenced anywhere else. It looks like it could be a great piece!