Rufinatscha to be broadcast by BBC Radio 3

Started by Mark Thomas, Tuesday 04 January 2011, 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

BBC Radio 3 will be broadcasting the Noseda / BBC Philharmonic performance of Rufinatscha's Overture to The Bride of Messina at 2:00 pm on Friday 14 January. Full details here.

Alan Howe

Cor! It's a magnificent piece. And perhaps the BBC recording of Symphony No.6 will follow sometime soon...

Alan Howe

Sorry about the edit, Mark - 'Rufinatscha' doesn't exactly flow from the typing fingers correctly spelt, does it?

Mark Thomas

One of these days I really must get into the habit of reading what I've typed...

I was hugely impressed by Noseda's reading of the Overture at the recording. It's a grand piece.

Pengelli

Never heard this composer before. Listened to the broadcast & taped it via ye olde cassette recorder,complete with poor reception hiss in background! If I hadn't known otherwise I would have thought this was by an established master. This is one cd I will be buying when it comes out. Thanks.

Mark Thomas

Yes, it was tremendous performance of a very impressive work. The announcer said that the Chandos CD would be issued in April.

Jonathan

I taped it as well and agree, it is an impressive work.  The CD will go on the wishlist as soon as it's available!

Alan Howe

It is a work by a master-composer. Makes the forthcoming Chandos CD even more unmissable, if that were possible...