Unsung concert announcements for the present and coming seasons

Started by Ilja, Sunday 12 May 2013, 09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

john_christopher

The Newport Music Festival (July 10-28, 2013) will include performances of two early piano sonatas by Wagner, a piano trio by Robert Fuchs (both July 12), a piano quartet by Dora Pejacevic (July 13), and piano works by Czerny (July 15 & 28) and Tausig (July 28).

Here's the brochure:

http://www.newportmusic.org/2013%20Newport%20Music%20Festival%20Brochure%20SMALL%20061513.pdf

giles.enders

Next Spring there will be a concert in London to celebrate the 150th birthday of Eugene d'Albert at which his cello concerto will be played. Two of his grandsons have agreed to be present.  Date and details to be announced in November.  At Conway Hall in the Spring there will be a chamber music programme performed by women of music exclusively by women composers.  There will also be an all Richard Walthew concert. The performers are booked, the final programmes to be agreed.

scarpia

I have only heard the Rachmaninoff 3rd Symphony once in concert. The only time I heard Rachmaninoff's 1st Symphony was in Springfield a few years back. It got huge ovation.

alberto

In Torino, Italy, on the 28th of October Paul McCreesh (with the Basel Kammerorchester and the Estonian Philharmonic Choir) will conduct Parry "Lord, ley me know thine end", n.6 of Songs of Farewell (alongside with J.S.Bach, Mendelssohn and Mozart).
The same program will be performed on November First in Martigny, Switzerland, and , if I am not wrong, broadcast on "Radiosvizzeraclassica".
In Torino some other unusual work: Ferdinand Ries Symphony n.5, J.N. Hummel Fantasia for viola and strings orchestra, G.Martucci Piano Trio n.1.
Less unsung (but with Gergev and the LSO): Scriabin Second Symphony.

eschiss1

Ah, good news. The Ries- op.112 yes? (Unless they've decided to posthumously renumber his symphonies chronologically now. :) ) Anyhow, it has a Wikipedia page, I think...

alberto

The Ries Symphony n.5 on the program is indicated as op.112.

alberto

Some unusual work in the next season of The Orchestra Sinfonica G.Verdi, Milano (no radio broadcast):
-Mascagni Le Maschere, Sinfonia
                 Guglielmo Ratcliff, interlude "The Dream"
-Puccini Three minuets
             Crisantemi
-Sgambati (orch.Massenet) Berceuse reverie
-Wolf-Ferrari Suite from "The Jewels of the Madonna"
-Casella La Giara , ballet suite
-Tommasini The Good Humoured Ladies, ballet suite
-Aldo Finzi (tonal and romantic) Pavane for orchestra (no relation with Gerald; BTW in Torino we'll have Eclogue for piano and strings by Gerald Finzi)
-Malipiero Impressioni dal vero, first series
-F.Schmidt Symphony n.2
-Casella Serenata for small orchestra
-Menotti Sebastian, ballet suite
-Korngold Much Ado about Nothing, suite
-Castelnuovo-Tedesco Four Dances from Love's Labour's Lost