Sir Hamilton Harty's String Quartets and Piano Quintet from Hyperion

Started by M. Henriksen, Wednesday 18 January 2012, 23:33

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Henriksen

Hyperion will release a 2 CD-set for the price of one containing Sir Hamilton Harty's Piano Quintet and two String Quartets. 
To be released in May 2012.
Goldner String Quartet (and Piers Lane in the Quintet) are playing.

http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/dc.asp?dc=D_CDA67927&vw=dc

Morten

eschiss1

albion

Thanks for spotting this, Morten. Another enterprising release to look forward to in the coming months ...

:)

M. Henriksen

albion

As far as I know (I may be wrong) they are all first recordings.

:)

Alan Howe

Mark Thomas

I'll add to the chorus of thanks, Morten. It promises to be a good year for us unsung fanatics, if not for our wallets.

M. Henriksen

Don't thank me, Hyperion deserves the credit here. And I'm prepared to empty my wallet as long as it is for a good cause!

Morten

Jimfin

Glad to see Hyperion hasn't completely given up on British music. Lately (the Gothic being a *massive* exception) they seem to have slowed down on that front a bit

Lionel Harrsion

Quote from: M. Henriksen on Thursday 19 January 2012, 13:55
Don't thank me, Hyperion deserves the credit here. And I'm prepared to empty my wallet as long as it is for a good cause!

Morten

My wallet's already empty but I'll have to scrape together enough to get this, if I buy no other CDs this year.

petershott@btinternet.com

erato

Bur before the 2-for-the-price-of-one tempts you too much, note that it is a 81 minute set. Still 81 minutes on a single disc is generous. I will buy this.

M. Henriksen