Help: Are they really all recorded for the first Time?

Started by fahl5, Wednesday 08 August 2012, 22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

fahl5

I have made in the last years a couple of recordings of mostly 19th Century music of which I dont know any other recording yet.
Could you please help me to check if any of them has been already recorded before?
(I know there is a youtube Video with Clara Schumanns Souvenir de Vienne, but it is younger than my recording)

Frantisek Benda: Finale Presto from the  Violinconcert L.II.18 Bb-Major (from a SLUB-Manuscript)
Felix Draeseke: Fantasie op.8, 6 Fugen op.15, Symphonische Dichtung "Frithjof" (from a SLUB-Manuscript)
Robert Kahn: Pianoquintett 1926 1. Mvt., Aus der Jugendzeit 3. Mvt. f. Orch., Kantate op.81 Finale (all from private Copies of the Manuscript)

Clara Schumann: Impromptus op.9 Souvenir de Vienne
Carl Reinecke Prelude op123,4
Eduard Franck Early pieces for piano op1-18 (historic Instrument, modern Grandpiano)
August Alexander Klengel: 120 Canons & Fugues
Jean Louis Nicodé:Two Studies op.12, Variations Db op.18,  Pianorsonata f-minor op.19
Elisabeth von Herzogenberg: Pianopieces
Anton von Webern: Rondo 1906 (?)

You will find all recordings on my site klassik-resampled.de
best
fahl5

britishcomposer

Welcome, fahl5!

I have uploaded Elisabeth von Herzogenberg's piano pieces played by Jozef De Beenhouwer some time ago. You may find it in the German Music Folder, Reply #70.

fahl5

OK, Thanks. I've removed Herzogenberg from my "first-time"-List.
best
fahl5

eschiss1

The Webern Rondo for string quartet in D minor (I think) of 1906 was recorded by the LaSalle String Quartet in 1986 and a few times since- is that the Rondo you mean? (See also Edition Silvertrust description.)

Ah. The Rondo for piano by Webern from 1906 has also been recorded, by Elizabeth Klein - see Amazon.

I believe all of Clara Schumann's published piano music has been recorded at least once, and perhaps some of her ms piano music also...
(Interesting to see some of August Klengel's music recorded; I know of him only from his first piano concerto, whose parts were scanned in by the Bayer Library, and are at IMSLP.)

fahl5

OK, Webern and Schumann (I found her piece recorded by Susanne Grützmann 2007) are removed from my "first time recorded" list.
This is the current version:
QuoteFrantisek Benda: Finale Presto from the  Violinconcert L.II.18 Bb-Major
Felix Draeseke: Fantasie op.8, 6 Fugen op.15*, Symphonische Dichtung "Frithjof"
Robert Kahn: Pianoquintett 1926 1. Mvt., Aus der Jugendzeit 3. Mvt. f. Orch., Kantate op.81 Finale
Carl Reinecke Prelude op123,4
Eduard Franck Early pieces for piano op1-18 (historic Instrument, modern Grandpiano)
August Alexander Klengel: 120 Canons & Fugues
Jean Louis Nicodé:Two Studies op.12, Variations Db op.18,  Pianorsonata f-minor op.19
*Btw. The 6 Fugues "for the Piano" op15 of Draeseke are only the first time recorded with Piano since there exist a recording with organ.
best fahl5