News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Superhero Member Status?

Started by kyjo, Friday 10 August 2012, 03:08

Previous topic - Next topic

kyjo

Since some members here (Eric, Alan, Colin, Mark,etc.) are getting up there in posts, I think we should have another status be reached at 5,000 posts, namely the Superhero Status :D! No doubt Eric would be getting there in no time! The only reason this wouldn't work is if members think it's a stupid idea ;D! So, what do you think of my suggestion ::)?

Mark Thomas

I can't avoid sounding plonking here, so I'll take a deep breath and plonk away!

Kyjo, the number of posts which someone makes is quite irrelevant to anything, except possibly the amount of time they've been a member. Some people have more time than others. I can think of several members who have posted comparatively few times but whose contribution I always value and whose posts provoke a lot of thought. It isn't a  race. The software comes with various categories of members built in, I don't particularly like them and could switch them off, I suppose, but I just haven't bothered because it isn't important to me. As always, whilst I'm not looking for non-stop profundity (and certainly don't provide that myself) it's the quality of the posts that matters, never the number.

Plonk over.

Alan Howe

It's a bad idea, kyjo. Do take the hint. Please...

JimL

Ser Amantio di Nicolao

I don't know - it could be fun.  If - and only if - each superhero is given a composer avatar.  Then we could have composer cage matches and take bets on the outcome.

I'm already salivating at the thought of a fight to the death between George W. Chadwick and Horatio Parker.  (Referee: Charles Ives, which means that illegal and unexpected maneuvers are applauded and encouraged.)  The winner takes on Anthony Philip Heinrich for winner of the Greatest Unsung American Hero award.

(In a related note, I'm not entirely serious, as you might imagine...)

Arbuckle

One might argue that the names you mentioned are already "superheroes" because of the high quality and solidity of the information they provide in their posts, many or few. Arbuckle

kyjo

OK, so it's a stupid idea ;D! Just thought I'd throw it out there ::)!

JimL

Just about every superhero I know of preferred to be known by his alter ego when he/she wasn't working.  ;)

kyjo

Well, I didn't mean to imply a superhero in that sense, Jim ;D!

Alan Howe

I think this daft thread has run its course...

kyjo

Agreed, Alan. I never realize how stupid my ideas are until after I post them ;D!

Mark Thomas

OK, let's draw a veil over this episode now, please.