Polish discoveries on Acte Prealable

Started by markniew, Wednesday 02 January 2013, 21:38

Previous topic - Next topic

markniew

Acte Prealable announces a number of new CDs with unsung Polish music: Kleczyński, Brzeziński, Szulc!!!

http://www.acteprealable.com/coming_soon.html

eschiss1

We actually have some of the Brzeziński works (the violin sonata, some others) on IMSLP and I think I've had a quick look at them before, but only a quick look. Szulc rings a slight bell, Kleczyński at the moment- not at all. Thanks!

Noskowski wrote 3 string quartets? I think I know of the other two. Neat.

Alan Howe

erato

Alan Howe

markniew

Kleczyński is pronounced like: Kleh-chign-ski while "gn" is pronounced like in word "Pologne" in French
Brzeziński = Bzheh-zign-ski,  "zi" is like very very soft "zh"

Szulc = Shuhltz

X. Trapnel

Szulc is known, if indeed he is known at all, for one song "Clair de Lune" (yes, the usual Verlaine), as beautiful as any by Faure or Debussy. It was actually recorded by Caruso, and I am aware of two modern versions buried in French song compilations by Carole Bogarde and Patricia Hammond. Well worth seeking out.

Gareth Vaughan

I have just spoken with Valentina Seferinova who, with her friend Venera Bojkova, is preparing a disk for Acte Prealable of piano music by Jozef Wieniawski for two and four hands, and for 2 pianos. Something to look forward to.

Jonathan

That sounds very interesting Gareth, I await a disc at some point in the future!

eschiss1

The Brzezinski/Szulc disc is now announced on Records International, along with a Brzezinski complete piano works CD.

Rob H

I was excited to see, a little while ago, that they had announced a CD of Melcer piano music (AP0261) but this seems now to have disappeared from their listings. I hope that they haven't decided to ditch the idea.
Rob