News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Felix Draeseke

Started by albion, Tuesday 18 May 2010, 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter1953

Thank you very much for your recommendations, Alan.
I've listened to all (long) audio samples and I'm very impressed by what I've heard. What a wonderful, great and in the slow movements emotional chamber music, including some most lovely piano solo pieces on the disc with music for cello and piano. It's obvious that I couldn't make a choice, so I've just ordered all three Cd's.
I'm increasingly convinced that Draeseke is a truly great composer!

Alan Howe

You're welcome, Peter. Of course, I agree....

eschiss1

There are complete movements from his works, also, at http://www.draeseke.org/mp3clips.htm.
Eric

Peter1953

The 'Selected Piano Pieces' on the AK Coburg CD featuring Draeseke's works for cello and piano (BTW, what a most wonderful Sonata for Cello and Piano, op. 51. Very warmly recommended!) prove that Draeseke composed very charming Romantic piano music.

I have a special question for Alan. Does the label AK Coburg still exist since Dr Alan H Krueck passed away? And if so, is there any chance that we can expect in the (near) future more releases of Draeseke's solo piano music, so beautifully played by Wolfgang Müller-Steinbach?

Alan Howe

Quote from: Peter1953 on Thursday 23 September 2010, 16:16I have a special question for Alan. Does the label AK Coburg still exist since Dr Alan H Krueck passed away? And if so, is there any chance that we can expect in the (near) future more releases of Draeseke's solo piano music, so beautifully played by Wolfgang Müller-Steinbach?

It's very hard to say, but Alan Krueck was the driving force behind the production of the AKCoburg CDs, so my guess is that there won't be any more.
But, never say never...

britishcomposer

I have uploaded two quite old broadcasts of Draeseke's 2nd and 3rd Symphonies. I suppose some of you are familiar with these recordings but I haven't seen them mentioned here before.

jerfilm

Alan Howe

Thanks indeed, Mathias. The performance of No.2 is familiar to me (but nonetheless welcome, of course), but I have never heard that of No.3, so I am deeply in your debt...

eschiss1

happy to download both, as I'm not familiar enough with symphony 2 anyway either yet and that sort of testimonial for a performance of no.3 is intriguing. Thanks!!

Alan Howe

Please note that I have started a new thread on the upload of Draeseke 3 as the quality of the performance demands a separate discussion. Comments on it should be made there please...
http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php/topic,4363.msg46554.html#new

TerraEpon

Well, after listening to the two DLs, I'm certainly on board. I'm guessing the CPO cycle is what to get?