News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Eggert sextet

Started by Wheesht, Sunday 02 March 2014, 10:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheesht

German radio SWR2 broadcast a concert from March 2013 last night with Joachim Eggert's sextet for violin, clarinet, French horn, viola, cello, and bass. I wasn't able to record this but would really love to hear it again. Was anyone able to record this?

britishcomposer

I have just uploaded an earlier broadcast of this recording. I thought this was a commercial recording and therefore didn't upload it earlier. Usually the recordings by the Consortium Classicum have been released on different labels. Or has it indeed been and I missed it?

eschiss1

... hrm. BTW this is intriguing... Anyone know this fellow? (Not a digression from the sextet...)

britishcomposer

Never heard of him. But here's another Eggert, Moritz, one of the leading German composers of our time, with another sextet:
http://www.sikorski.de/7184/en/moritz_eggert_world_premiere_of_pong_for_sextet_in_the_usa.html

jksteven

A lovely piece! Thank you so much for the upload! This is the first work I have heard by this composer. JK

Alan Howe

QuoteBut here's another Eggert, Moritz, one of the leading German composers of our time, with another sextet

Yes, hmmm.

Wheesht

Thanks a lot, britishcomposer, for uploading the Consortium Classicum recording. The broadcast I heard, however, was from a concert at the Neues Schloss Stuttgart on 3 March 2013 and with members of the Stuttgart SO:
Rudolf König (Klarinette)
Wolfgang Wipfler (Horn)
Natalie Chee (Violine)
Paul Pesthy (Viola)
Wolfgang Düthorn (Violoncello)
Arvid Christoph Dorn (Kontrabass)