The greatest soprano in the world today...

Started by Alan Howe, Saturday 17 September 2016, 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

...isn't Anna Netrebko, but the largely unsung Sondra Radvanovsky. She's even recorded Alfano's Cyrano de Bergerac, with Placido Domingo!

thalbergmad

Unlike you not to provide substantial evidence ;D

Anyway, it is clearly Susan Boyle.

Thal

Alan Howe

eschiss1

Well, it depends on whether we're talking about terrific people (who are sopranos/tenors by voice type whether or not they've ever raised their voice in song :)) or best (however judged...) singers qua singers in those categories.. :D

Alan Howe

It was meant as a rejoinder to those whose critical faculties are apparently silent when faced with the latest recording by the over-hyped, overrated and distinctly overparted Miss Netrebko.

adriano

Oh, and remember crazy tenor Stefan Zucker, who made that hilarious film about the "voce di petto", featurning Magda Olivero, Anita Cerquetti, Giulietta Simionato, Leyla Gencer? He though he was the best - and highest - tenor in the world, so I searched - and those Youtube I could get were horrifying. Let's better open a thread "the worst singers..." :-)

Alan Howe

I'd never heard of Zucker - and now that I've sampled him on YouTube, I wish I hadn't bothered. There's definitely no Zucker in his Stimme...

Gareth Vaughan

adriano

kolaboy

matesic

I believe Stefan Zucker may have had a lot of influence on Sacha Baron Cohen. The best send-up artists are the sincere ones!